- Venezuela has reached new levels of poverty. According to Encuesta de Condiciones de Vida (Encovi):
- 94.5% of the population (based on income) live in poverty, of which 76.6% live in extreme poverty, the highest figure ever recorded in the country.
- Professor Luis Pedro España said that we have reached the highest possible level of poverty since 5% of the population has more income and methods to maintain it.
- Multidimensional poverty is 65.2% and Spain explained that the indicators indicate that Venezuela is the poorest country in Latin America.
- In 2012, the poverty rate in Venezuela was 32.6% and extreme poverty 9.3%.
- There are 7.6 million workers in the country and 8.1 million would work if given the opportunity, which means that the labor force in the economy is only 50%.
Only a third of women are active in the economy, men earn more money in all sectors and in managerial positions, the gap is 76%.
- If the income was distributed among the population, each Venezuelan citizen would get a dollar a day.
- Encovi estimated the total population to be 28.7 million people, due to immigration and the increased death rate. 86% of migrants left the country because of the need to find a job.
- Over one million students dropped out of the school system between 2019 and 2021.
It was our take last year, on a study that shows what the chavismo did, in all its horror
The EU decided to send an election observation mission for November and the CNE said it had reached an agreement with the EU delegation in Caracas for the establishment of the observation mission.
- Stalin González said that the merits of having an EU mission are “part of the efforts and the work that we have done, united”.
- Ramón José Medina assured that the opposition must return to political rationality, foreshadowing the mistakes he thinks that the National Assembly of 2015 made. He did not mention the persecution, detentions, exile, illegality of political parties or orders from the TSJ or the National Constituent Assembly.
- Juan Guaidó called on Venezuelans to take to the streets to demand electoral conditions and a presidential election. He said the 2018 election was a fraud and it prevented Maduro from being recognized as the rightful president. He assured that he would tour the country and reiterated that there were no conditions that would guarantee a democratic election in November, so he called on citizens to mobilize. “I’ll say it frankly, Maduro, you were defeated because we are united in this fight because there is a possibility of a national salvation agreement, you lost because you have no legitimacy”, he said before. he blamed Maduro for the 94.5% poverty rate recorded by Encovi 2021.
- The president of the Capital Association of Clinics, Germán Cortez, reported that 75% and 80% of intensive care beds with COVID-19 patients and that most of them were not vaccinated. PAHO’s Ciro Ugarte later assured that the country had not reported any saturation of the health system.
- Watch for Salud Sida that 457 cases had been reported in the area as of Wednesday and that “this proves the exponential growth of the pandemic. However, this does not affect the whole country, which is why it is urgent to create an epidemiological fence in the most affected areas, ”they warned.
- Workers at JM de los Ríos Hospital demonstrated today and union leader Pablo Zambrano demanded a plan to deal with currency conversion and their low wages.
FundaRedes denounced that 248 people were missing and 742 were murdered and that there were 268 clashes in border states in 2021.
- Andreína Baduel, daughter of Chávez Defense Minister Raúl Isaías Baduel, denounced that the political prisoner had been taken from La Tumba (SEBIN headquarters) to Plaza Venezuela in El Helicoide.
- Tareck El Aissami said that Primero Justicia tries to put a little distance between the party and “the CITGO and corruption cases” and assured that Julio Borges authorized these operations: “Juan Guaidó, Henrique Capriles, Julio Borges and Leopoldo López are responsible for the sanctions, ”he said.
- David Vallenilla’s father assured that the call “is a false gesture, to say that they are doing something (…) while they are investigating this judge, the sergeant (Arli Cleiwi Méndez Terán) who committed crime is already free “.
- The black market dollar closed at 4,467,830 Wednesday, according to Monitor Dólar.
- The Chilean government has announced that it will urge several shelters in northern Chile to help hundreds of Venezuelan migrants stranded after illegally crossing the border. Maduro’s ambassador went to Iquique to offer the refugees the “Plan Vuelta a la Patria”. Most of them did not accept his offer.
Caracas Chronicles is 100% supported by readers.
Support independent Venezuelan journalism by making a donation.
Make a donation